WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world, allowing users to send messages, make voice and video calls, and share media with friends and family. However, sometimes the volume on WhatsApp can be too low, making it difficult to hear the person on the other end of the call. If you’re experiencing this issue, there are a few steps you can take to increase the volume on WhatsApp and improve your overall calling experience.
2. Adjust WhatsApp’s in-app volume settings: Once you’ve confirmed that your device’s volume settings are correct, open WhatsApp and go to the settings menu. Look for the audio or sound settings and adjust the volume slider to increase the volume. You can also check if there are any additional options, such as an equalizer, that can further enhance the audio quality.
3. Use headphones or external speakers: If increasing the volume on your device and within WhatsApp doesn’t provide the desired results, consider using headphones or external speakers. These accessories can amplify the sound and make it easier to hear the person on the other end of the call. Make sure to connect them properly to your device and adjust their volume settings accordingly.
4. Update WhatsApp: It’s always a good idea to keep your apps up to date, as developers often release updates to fix bugs and improve performance. Check if there is a new version of WhatsApp available and update it if necessary. This may resolve any issues with low volume or audio quality.
5. Restart your device: If all else fails, try restarting your device. This can help refresh the system and resolve any temporary glitches that may be affecting the volume on WhatsApp. After restarting, open WhatsApp and test the volume again to see if it has improved.
By following these steps, you should be able to increase the volume on WhatsApp and enjoy clearer and louder audio during your calls. Remember to also check if the issue persists with other apps or phone calls, as it could be a hardware problem that requires further troubleshooting or professional assistance.
Adjusting in-app settings
If you are having trouble hearing the audio on WhatsApp, you can try adjusting the in-app settings to increase the volume. Here’s how:
- Open WhatsApp on your device.
- Tap on the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- In the settings menu, tap on “Notifications”.
- Scroll down and tap on “Media visibility”.
- Make sure the toggle switch next to “Show media in gallery” is turned on.
- Go back to the previous screen and tap on “Chat settings”.
- Tap on “Media auto-download”.
- Here, you can choose to enable auto-download for audio files and adjust the settings according to your preferences.
- Go back to the main settings menu and tap on “Sound”.
- Make sure the volume slider is set to a high level.
By adjusting these in-app settings, you should be able to increase the volume of audio messages and calls on WhatsApp. If you are still experiencing low volume, you can try using external speakers or adjusting the volume settings on your device.
Using external speakers
If you find that the volume on your WhatsApp calls or messages is too low, you can try using external speakers to increase the sound. This can be particularly helpful if you are using WhatsApp on a device with small speakers or if you are in a noisy environment.
There are several options for using external speakers with WhatsApp. One option is to connect your device to a Bluetooth speaker. This can be done by turning on the Bluetooth function on your device and pairing it with a compatible speaker. Once connected, the audio from your WhatsApp calls and messages should play through the external speaker, providing a louder and clearer sound.
If you don’t have a Bluetooth speaker, you can also use a wired speaker or headphones with a 3.5mm audio jack. Simply plug the speaker or headphones into the audio jack on your device, and the audio from WhatsApp should play through the external device.
Another option is to use a speakerphone. Many smartphones have a built-in speakerphone function that allows you to use the device as a hands-free speaker. To use this feature, simply enable the speakerphone function on your device during a WhatsApp call, and the audio will play through the device’s speaker, providing a louder sound.
Using external speakers can be a simple and effective way to increase the volume on your WhatsApp calls and messages. Whether you choose to use a Bluetooth speaker, wired speaker, headphones, or speakerphone, you should be able to enjoy clearer and louder audio on your WhatsApp conversations.
Adjusting device volume
If you are having trouble hearing audio on WhatsApp, one of the first things you should check is the volume settings on your device. Adjusting the device volume can help increase the volume of WhatsApp calls and messages.
To adjust the device volume, follow these steps:
- Unlock your device and go to the home screen.
- Locate the volume buttons on the side of your device. These buttons are usually located on the left or right side.
- Press the volume up button to increase the volume. You can also press the volume down button to decrease the volume if it is too loud.
- While adjusting the volume, make sure you have a WhatsApp call or message playing so you can hear the changes in real-time.
- Continue adjusting the volume until you reach a comfortable level.
It is important to note that adjusting the device volume will affect the volume of all apps and notifications on your device, not just WhatsApp. So, make sure to adjust it accordingly to avoid any inconvenience.
If adjusting the device volume does not solve the issue, you may want to try other methods such as using external speakers or updating WhatsApp to the latest version.
Tip: If you are using headphones or earphones, also check the volume controls on the headphones or earphones themselves, as they may have separate volume settings.
Updating WhatsApp is an important step to ensure that you have the latest version of the app, which may include bug fixes and improvements to the audio volume. Here are the steps to update WhatsApp on your device:
Step 1: Open the App Store (for iPhone users) or Google Play Store (for Android users) on your device.
Step 2: Search for “WhatsApp” in the search bar at the top of the screen.
Step 3: If there is an update available, you will see an “Update” button next to the WhatsApp icon. Tap on the “Update” button.
Step 4: Wait for the update to download and install on your device. This may take a few minutes depending on your internet connection.
Step 5: Once the update is complete, open WhatsApp and check if the volume has increased. If not, you can try adjusting the volume settings within the app or on your device.
Updating WhatsApp regularly is recommended to ensure that you have access to the latest features and improvements. It is also a good practice to keep your device’s operating system up to date, as this can also affect the performance of WhatsApp and other apps.
Checking network connection
One of the common reasons for low volume on WhatsApp calls is a poor network connection. When the network connection is weak or unstable, it can affect the quality of the call and result in low volume. Therefore, it is important to check your network connection before troubleshooting any other issues.
To check your network connection, follow these steps:
Step 1: Check your Wi-Fi or mobile data
Make sure that you are connected to a stable Wi-Fi network or have a strong mobile data signal. Weak or unstable connections can cause issues with the volume on WhatsApp calls.
Step 2: Test your internet speed
Use an internet speed testing tool to check the speed of your internet connection. A slow internet connection can lead to poor call quality and low volume. If your internet speed is below the recommended level, consider switching to a faster network or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.
Step 3: Restart your router or modem
If you are experiencing issues with your Wi-Fi connection, try restarting your router or modem. This can help refresh the connection and improve the network stability.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your network connection is stable and strong, which can help resolve any issues with low volume on WhatsApp calls. If the problem persists, you may need to explore other troubleshooting options or contact WhatsApp support for further assistance.
As Fred Humiston, the author behind Twothirds.us, I focus on providing practical and easy-to-follow guides and solutions for a variety of technical issues that people commonly face.
My articles cover a wide range of topics, from troubleshooting out-of-sync audio on TikTok and managing Firestick devices, to understanding the impact of Capcut on video quality and resolving sound issues on Hisense Roku TVs.
I also delve into more general tech tips, like how to block numbers on landlines or use VPNs without Wi-Fi. My goal is to make technology more accessible and less intimidating for everyone, whether you’re a tech novice or a seasoned user. I strive to offer clear, concise, and helpful advice to make your digital experience smoother and more enjoyable.